Self-help tips I either use or recommend a client to use, in no particular order:
- Count to 10 while you breathe deeply—each breath counts as 1.
- Close your eyes and see if you can sense your inner center.
- Take 5 minutes and complete the following sentence: “Right now I feel…”.
- Think of the most peaceful place you’ve been, and close your eyes and imagine yourself living there.Buy yourself the teddy bear you feel wonderful cuddling with, and hug it.
- Think of your favorite color enveloping you.
- Imagine you become the animal you most admire for a day—what happens?
- Ask yourself: “What choice do I have?” three times, and write down whatever answers come up.
- Go to the nearest nature spot that you really like and stay for at least 10 minutes, soaking up all the energy.
- Gaze at yourself in the mirror and say, “I’m here now”.
- Aim for Work-Life Balance
Lifehacker has a great article about self-help traps to avoid.